[NTG-context] float over both text and margin

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Dec 12 19:06:13 CET 2005

Vit Zyka wrote:

> Hi.
>
> 1) I am unsuccessfully solving the problem of making float spanning
> both text and margin. More over, it is inside columnset... Example
> follows. Is there some solution?

or maybe:

\def\dogetfloat
  {\ifsomefloatwaiting
     \global\setbox\floatlist\vbox
       {\unvbox\floatlist
        \global\setbox\globalscratchbox\lastbox}%
     \ifcenterfloatbox
       \ifdim\wd\globalscratchbox<\hsize
         \setbox\floatbox\hbox to \hsize{\hss\box\globalscratchbox\hss}%
       \else
         \setbox\floatbox\box\globalscratchbox % local !
\ifinsidecolumns
    % retain special alignments
    \ifdim\wd\floatbox>\makeupwidth
        \wd\floatbox\makeupwidth
    \fi
\fi
       \fi
     \else
       \setbox\floatbox\box\globalscratchbox % local !
     \fi
     \global\advance\savednoffloats \minusone
     \ifcase\savednoffloats
       \global\somefloatwaitingfalse
     \fi
   \else