[NTG-context] How to setup this type of header?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Dec 21 18:56:37 CET 2005

R S Ananda Murthy wrote:
> How to setup this type of header? I do not want dashed line below the
> header. Header should not be printed on a page where a chapter is starting.
>
> My body text should be in postscript Times Roman font.

Here you go. This is not the only solution (maybe not even
the nicest) but it works for me.

%
\setuppagenumbering
    [location=, % .. of the automatically placed page number
     alternative=doublesided] % so left and right are different

% pair 1 = left side  of odd pages
% pair 2 = right side of odd pages (empty)
% pair 3 = left side  of even pages
% pair 4 = right side of even pages (empty)
\setupheadertexts
   [\rlap{\the\pageno}\centerline{Put your title here}]
   []
   [\centerline{\getmarking[chapter]}\llap{\the\pageno}]
   []

% no headers above chapter titles:
\setuphead[chapter][header=empty]

% load psnfss definitions
% Uncomment the next if you have not installed cont-fnt.zip,
% but instead have a working LaTeX installation.
% \usetypescript[adobekb][ec]

% register the times typescript
\usetypescript[times][ec]

% and start using it