[NTG-context] Character names

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Dec 23 13:29:42 CET 2005

Hans Hagen wrote:

>> PLEASE FIX:
>> in enco-def.tex replace \cdots by something (\dots, I suppose, but I'm
>> not sure)
>> \definecharacter textellipsis     {\mathematics\cdots}
>> (I guess this "bug" was the reason for changing some definitions in
>> regimes/encodings elsewhere.)

>> Should \textellipsis be used for "2026 HORIZONTAL ELLIPSIS"

Yes. But on the baseline, so:

   \definecharacter textellipsis     {\periods\relax}

U+2024 (ONE-DOT LEADER):

   \definecharacter textonedotleader     {\doperiods[1]}

U+2025 (TWO-DOT LEADER):

   \definecharacter texttwodotleader     {\doperiods[2]}

I believe there is a four-dot leader in unicode as well, but I
can't find it right now.

Taco