[NTG-context] 2 m-bib questions

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Thu Dec 29 23:51:23 CET 2005

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 19:25:27 +0200 (CEST), Peter wrote:
>
> > * The lost space after \cite[...], is it a bug or a feature?
>
> It is unintentional, and I will try to fix that behaviour in the future.

Hello Taco,
it seems that the bug is still there. After quite some time of
investigation, here comes my workaround:

\usemodule[bib]
\let\citeO\cite% original cite command
\unprotect
\def\cite{\bgroup
  \def\inspectnextcharacter{% removed treatment of blanks
    \ifx\nexttoken\charactertoken
      \@EAEAEA\!!stringa
    \else
      \@EAEAEA\!!stringb
    \fi}%
  \dodoubleempty\doMyCite}
\def\doMyCite[#1][#2]{%
  \ifsecondargument\gdef\@SecondArgument{y}\else\gdef\@SecondArgument{n}\fi
  \egroup
  \doifelse\@SecondArgument{y}{\citeO[#1][#2]}{\citeO[#1]\relax}}
\protect
\starttext
bla \cite[options][key1] bla \cite[key2] bla
\placepublications
\stoptext

I think there are other commands with that behaviour, but I don't remember
which ones...

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/