[NTG-context] bold sc again

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Fri Dec 30 11:56:09 CET 2005

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> It surely is better to use modules unless Hans ads the definitions to
> the core, but in my opinion there must be a way to surround the
> definitions with \starttypescript.Don't ask me how.

Hello Mojca,
it works, if the file is saved as "type-loc.tex", but then it's loaded for
every user and I prefer to control, when it's loaded.
It works then with "\starttypescript [mono] [computer-modern] [size]",
"\starttypescript [cmttbf] [computer-modern] [size]" was just one of my
hopeless tries ;)

> > But there are at least two other problems with the file (so there must be a
> > cleaner way):
> > - I would like to use LM wherever possible, but now even for normal \sc
> >   the CM fonts are used.
>
> I get lmr for normal caps in your example.
>
> You can use the (lmcsc10 instead of cmcsc10) directly or create a
> synonym from cmr to lmr (already defined somewhere), but since it
> works OK here, I cannot test the wrong behaviour.

When I use "lmcsc10" instead of cmcsc10, I get:

ERROR: I can't find file `lmcsc10'.
--- TeX said ---
<*> ...=ljfzzz; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input lmcsc10

That's the reason, why I thought that cm was used instead of lm...
But anyway, it's not so important, since the fonts look the same.

> The most weird thing is that you mix two different encodings within
> the same file.

Yes, you're right! Just some explanation:
Some time ago, I tried out utf with my editor and wrote some modules
(t-construction-plan.tex and t-french.tex). But afterwards for some reasons
I switched back to il9. The header of the new modules got copied and
pasted from the older utf-modules, but since I work with il9 today, the
rest is il9.
I didn't change the header, because in any way I will switch all my stuff
to utf in some weeks, today I'm just in a transitional phase... ;)

> Mojca (no need to answer my stupid remarks)

Why are they stupid?

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/