[NTG-context] Context 2006.01.09 released

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at colostate.edu
Tue Jan 10 21:18:55 CET 2006

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 12:14:18 -0700, Jilani Khaldi
<jilani.khaldi1 at virgilio.it> wrote:

> Is there a particular procedure (read sinple) to update MikteX (for
> Windows) without breaking the already installed distribution? Or to wait
> for a while until a MikTeX Update is ready?
> Thanks!

The best thing to do is install MiKTeX without ConTeXt support, and then
extract cont-tmf.zip into
\texmf-local, then refresh the fndb. I don't know how often Christian
updates ConTeXt so I can't speak to that-)

But in my experience, if you want to painlessly keep ConTeXt up to date,
install your distro of choice without ConTeXt and just add it on yourself

Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523