[NTG-context] Font memory issues ?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jan 10 22:54:26 CET 2006

David Wooten wrote:

> Greetings ConTeXters,
>
> Just recently (after updating to the most recent i-Installer ConTeXt
> version / but also after writing/tweaking a little more), I am
> apparently running into some font memory issues.*
>
> I have tried to increase the available memory in web2c/texmf.cnf to
> no avail. One curiosity is the pdfTeX error further down: "<argument>
> hz,normal". I am using hz,hanging in this document.

did you remake the format after increasing the memory values?

hz lets pdftex internally generate additional font instances

these are my texmf.cnf values

buf_size.context         =  200000 % needed for omega bug
extra_mem_bot.context    = 2000000
extra_mem_top.context    = 4000000
font_max.context         =    2000
font_mem_size.context    = 1000000
hash_extra.context       =   75000
main_memory.context      = 2000000
max_strings.context      =  250000
nest_size.context        =     500
obj_tab_size.context     =  300000 % 8388607
pdf_mem_size.context     =  500000 % 524288
dest_names_size.context  =  300000 % 131072
param_size.context       =   10000
pool_free.context        =   47500
pool_size.context        = 2000000
save_size.context        =   50000
stack_size.context       =   10000
string_vacancies.context =  125000
trie_size.context        =  250000
hyph_size.context        =    8191 % prime

(texmfstart --bin youreditor kpse:texmf.cnf)