[NTG-context] \dot & lucida

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Jan 25 09:43:46 CET 2006

Renaud AUBIN wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My solution to this issue is:
> 1 - texexec ec-bh-lucida
> 2 - search the hex code 05 as in math-lbr.tex -> it's a "
> 3 - search the correct symbol (dot) and the hex code (it is 0A)
> 4 - replace 05 by 0A (line 390 of math-lbr.tex)
>
> Now, it works for me but I'm not sure that this solution is "correct" ;-)
> Your opinion ?

I'm not sure it is a good enough general solution, but it will work
for the default font set.

If I understand it correctly, the problem is that the [tf] entries in
the math collections refer to a text font, not math font, so the current
text encoding should be taken in consideration.

The old hex 05 assumed the text font was in 8y/texnansi encoding, your
new hex 0A that it is in 8t/ec encoding. Both can be wrong depending on
the current user font settings, I'm afraid/

Taco