[NTG-context] strange \v!on

Hans van der Meer hansm at science.uva.nl
Wed Jan 25 21:08:17 CET 2006

Well, obviously I interpreted the use of \V!-macros wrong.
I understood it being the ConTeXt way of making command strings
language independent, as in for example.
	      \c!corner=\v!rectangular
Using code like this in a setup-getparameters combination.

The article "Context System macros part1" <by the way is er a part @?
 > provided the inspiration (example on page 11). Since I am adapting
an old plaintex -> latex macro pack now -> context I thought it handy
to put in that independence, as seems to come for free.

Clearly I am not grasping the real meaning. Will you enlighten me? If
it doesn't takes to much of your time to explain.

On Jan 25, 2006, at 12:20, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hans van der Meer wrote:
>> Encountered something strange setting up the parameters of framed.
>>
>> This runs normal: 	\setupframed[frame=off,strut=\v!no, ...
>> This gives an error:	\setupframed[frame=\v!off,strut=\v!no, ...
>> The same happens with \v!on as parameter.
>
> In both cases the use of the \v! prefix is wrong (the strut=\v!no
> will not be obeyed), but only one of the two results in an error,
> because context handles some parameters differently from other
> parameters.
>
> Cheers, Taco

yours sincerely,
dr. H. van der Meer