[NTG-context] color in before=

Hans van der Meer hansm at science.uva.nl
Wed Jan 25 22:13:27 CET 2006

Thanks, that worked. But it leads to my next question, I am afraid.

When I define:
	\definecolor [brightred][r=0.7, g=.1, b=.1]
then I can use this in \startcolor[brightred]...\stopcolor
according to \meaning brightred being \protected macro \switchtocolor
[brightred]

Now I am fond of symbolic names and therefore also defined:
		\definecolor [FrameColor][brightred]
Thus being able to use FrameColor as \MPcolor{FrameColor} in MetaFun.
(\meaning says \MPcolor{FrameColor} is \scaledMPcolor 1Framecolor,
\FrameColor being undefined)

I thought to use \MPcolor{FrameColor} also in
	\startcolor[\MPcolor{FrameColor}]...\stopcolor
or	\startcolor[FrameColor]...\stopcolor
but neither of these worked, nor did
{\switchtocolor[FrameColor]...}\crlf
{\switchtocolor[\MPcolor{FrameColor}]...}\crlf

How can I use FrameColor here to? Without defining extra macros
around FrameColor, I hope.

On Jan 25, 2006, at 20:55, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hans van der Meer wrote:
>> I suspect there is no way of sneaking in these []'s inside the
>> command? That is the general solution.
>
> \setupxyz[before={\color[green]{whatever}}]
>
> Cheers, Taco

yours sincerely,
dr. H. van der Meer