[NTG-context] pdfstartview

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 02:16:48 CET 2006

On 2/1/06, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> > I vote for this as well (for enchanced possibilities of opening PDF
> > documents: FitWidth, FitHeight, whole page, XX % of actual size). This
> > might not be the same as request above, but a very similar one.
> >
> hey, since when don't you read the source any more ...
>
> \setupinteraction[focus=fit|width|height|minwidth|minheight|standard|<empty>

Till yesterday my acrobat was broken for quite some months and I
couldn't experiment much (I hated to reinstall windows).

I looked into ConTeXt source for PDF and into PDF Reference manual a
while ago I don't remember any changes mentioned since that time.

I realized that opening a document on 100% (75%) for example needs
some special handling like /GoTo /D [page /XYZ left top zoom] (I'm
guessing now, I don't have to proper resources available to check it)
which has to be triggered right after the document opens. A bit dirty
in comparison to "fit width", I agree.

I would guess that 99% of the code needed to do that already exists,
it's just that the "zoom to XX %" needs to be triggered at document
opening time. This might have to do something with Taco's remarks. I
might be wrong, so please excuse me in that case.

(I find PDF way too complicated for experimenting in comparison to PS.)

Mojca