[NTG-context] chinese with utf in context

Tobias Burnus burnus at gmx.de
Tue Feb 7 19:24:01 CET 2006

Hans Hagen schrieb:
> Lutz Haseloff wrote:
>
>> I added:
>>
>> \defineunicodecommand 255 {\lookaheaduchar}
>> \defineunicodecommand 32 {\lookaheaduchar}
>> \defineunicodecommand 37 {\lookaheaduchar}
>> \defineunicodecommand 38 {\lookaheaduchar}
>>
>> to unic-cjk.tex and all works now as expected.
>>
> why these numbers?

255 = U+FF are the so-called Fullwidth Latin Characters
(http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/UFF00.pdf)
they are "A" "B" "C" etc. but having the width of a Chinese character
(roughly "A ", "B ", "C "). Since they look rather ugly in non-CJK texts
and they have to match the width of the Chinese characters in the font,
they are only in CJK fonts.

32 = U+20 are general punctuation. I don't see a reason for those.
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2000.pdf

37 = U+25 are box drawing characters - no idea why those should be
included. http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2500.pdf

38 = U+26 are miscanllaneous symbols - no idea why those should be
included. http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2600.pdf

Tobias