[NTG-context] Sections with additional dot: a little request

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Feb 18 12:53:16 CET 2006

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hello Hans,
>
> The sections in Slovenian have to be numbered wih dots at the end:
>
> 1. Introduction
> 2. Contents
> 2.1. Subsection
> 2.1.1. Subsubsection
> 2.1.2. Subsubsection
> 2.2. Subsection
> 2.3. Subsection
> 3. Bibliography
>
> rather than
>
> 1  Introduction
> 2  Contents
> 2.1  Subsection
> 2.1.1  Subsubsection
> 2.1.2  Subsubsection
> 2.2  Subsection
> 2.3  Subsection
> 3  Bibliography
>
> There are many commands in ConTeXt which support "delimiter" key, but
> here the delimiter already stands for the dot delimiting subsequent
> numbers in this case.

a quick way out:

\setuplabeltext
  [sl]
  [chapter={{},{.}}]

\starttext

\chapter{whatever}

\mainlanguage[sl]

\chapter{whatever}

\stoptext

(we can extend that to other numbered things

it is no problem to provide some language dependent conversion handling, but then i'd like to implement everything at once (i know that hungarian also has special demands).

so ... best is t o start meking a 'document' with proposed extensions (to which other users can add their wishes); most of what you need, is not that hard to implement, but i'd like to do it all at once