[NTG-context] metafun: problems, problems & problems again

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Feb 21 22:47:24 CET 2006

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> went away when I removed \setupoutput[pdf] from cont-sys.tex (but I'm
> stil confused since there are two cont-sys files, one .rme and one
> .ori. Which one should be used? They are identical, but why would one
> want to have the same file at two places?)

because that way you still have an original when you mess up your local
cont-sys.tex file; when no cont-sys.tex file is present (not in the
distribution because it's not to be overwritten) context will load the
rme file; the rme file also shows the latest greatest options that make
sense to go there

btw, setupoutput[pdf] is not supposed to be in the cont-sys.tex file;
newtexec defaults to pdf output anyway