[NTG-context] Mail- (or text-)merge with ConteXt

vittorio vdemart1 at tin.it
Wed Feb 22 23:05:46 CET 2006

Alle 20:43, mercoledì 22 febbraio 2006, vittorio ha scritto:
> I would like to write letters using some mail-merge or text merge procedure
> under ConTeXt.
> Could you please help me indicating where should I start with and, above
> all, giving some example of that?

Perhaps I need to be more precise!!

What I've been doing for some years has been to send some 1800 2-page letters
in a shot. What change are the addresses of the recipients and some small
parts of the text according to certain circumstances. Years ago I dismissed
the mail-merge capabilities of MS-Word because it was unable to deal with
that amount of letters. So I tailored a *-sty file for my letters and started
to use latex with the textmerge. Bingo, it was THE solution!

Now I want to give ConTeXt a chance. I mean that a Context doc seems to me
more "readable" and "intuitive" than latex. So I would have a go with ConTeXt
to solve the same problem.

Ciao
Vittorio