[NTG-context] \bigr bracket missing in antykwa

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 14:10:50 CEST 2006

On 4/14/06, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   \bigr\} does not give me anything while using  antykwa fonts. \big\}
> > also does not work. \right\} works correctly. Is there something
> > missing in the typescripts? I have no idea on how fonts work, so can
> > not debug the problem.
> >
> > \usetypescript
> >    [antykwa-torunska][ec]
> >
> > \setupbodyfont[antykwa, 11pt]
> >
> > \starttext
> > $\bigl\{ a \bigr\}$ \blank
> > $\big\{ a \big\}$ \blank
> > $\left\{ a \right\}$ \blank
> > \stoptext
> >
> > ConTeXt  ver: 2006.04.07 11:24  fmt: 2006.4.9  int: english  mes:
> > english
> >
> > No warning message is generated in the log file.
> >

> i remember that mojca looked into the polish fonts and math and detected
> some problems (and communicated it to the authors)

That was something else (characters were actually missing/wrong in
both Iwona pfb & tfm).

I'm only guessing now, but I suspect that the following definition for
math in lucida are not pointless (and such definitions are missing for
antykwa):

\def\LBRbig  {\@@dobig{8.20}}
\startrawmathcollection[lbr]

\definemathcommand [big]   {\LBRbig}

I don't understand why math has to be redefined almost completely for
every font that one wants to use, but I'm no TeX expert anyway, so I
can't really judge or do anything about it.

Mojca