[NTG-context] Natural tables: how to adjust row height/vertical spacing?

Mari Voipio mari.voipio at iki.fi
Tue Apr 18 14:24:33 CEST 2006

This may almost be a FAQ question, but I just cannot find the answer in the wiki
nor in mailing list archives: How do I adjust row height/vertical spacing in
natural tables?

In my old tables (\starttable etc.) the trick was
\noalign{\vskip-6pt}
but this one doesn't work with my natural tables. In Word I'd just adjust
linespacing and paragraph spacing in the table, but that obviously isn't the
soluction in ConTeXt - or at least I don't seem to understand enough to get it
to work.

Any ideas of what to do?
I like natural tables, but if vertical spacing isn't adjustable, I'll have to
stick to my old alternatives, tables and tabulate. If somebody gives me a
working solution (that's simple enough that I manage to implement it), I
promise to wikify it for future use...

Mari
(with lots of specifications and parts lists to fit into tables in small
print...)