[NTG-context] Two Problems: Colored Chapter and Footnote positioning

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Apr 18 21:55:57 CEST 2006

Miguel Queiros wrote:
>> This doesn't answer your original question, but why not
>>     \setuppagenumbering[location={footer,right},style=\tfx]
>> instead of lengthy setups?
>>

> I will take a look at your sugestion. Thanks. As far as I
> recall page numbering isn't working with setups because I
> get two page numbers on every page.
>

>> (Btw: you should better use \switchtobodyfont rather than
>> \setupbodyfont in case you need to change font size.)
>>

> Ok!
>

>> The following solution might not be the most elegant one, but I use
>> similar approach for exact positioning:
>>
>> \setuppagenumbering[location=]
>> \definelayer
>>         [mypagenumber]
>>         [width=\paperwidth,
>>          height=\paperheight]
>> \setupbackgrounds
>>         [page]
>>         [background=mypagenumber]
>> \setlayerframed
>>         [mypagenumber]
>>         [voffset=\dimexpr(\paperheight-\makeupheight-\footerheight),
>>          preset=leftbottom]
>>         [width=\paperwidth,frame=off]
>>         {\tfx\pagenumber}
>>

> I'v tried it and I get a page number but only on one page, not all
> the document. Should I be taking a look at anything else to make it
> work an every page ? Sorry for my "newbie" questions...

you need to set the layer each page

\setuppagenumbering[location=]

\definelayer
  [mypagenumber]
  [width=\paperwidth,
   height=\paperheight]

\defineoverlay
  [mypagenumber]
  [\setups{mypagenumber}]

\setupbackgrounds
  [page]
  [background=mypagenumber]

\startsetups mypagenumber
  \setlayerframed
    [mypagenumber]
    [voffset=\dimexpr\paperheight-\makeupheight-\footerheight\relax,
     preset=leftbottom]
    [width=\paperwidth,frame=off]
    {\tfx\pagenumber}
  \tightlayer[mypagenumber]
\stopsetups

\starttext \dorecurse{4}{test \page} \stoptext