[NTG-context] \to broken in figure captions

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 26 23:39:15 CEST 2006

From:    Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu>
> Replacing $...$ with \mathematics{...} works without errors.

Good suggestion -- also works here.

Shouldn't $...$ be equivalent to \mathematics{...}?

$$...$$ is deprecated relative to \startformula...\stopformula, so I
wrote a Python script to convert the plain TeX form to the
ConTexT-preferred form.  However, I like $...$: It's compact and
reading the source file is almost as easy as reading the printed file.
With \mathematics scattered throughout the paragraphs it wouldn't be
so easy, plus I'd have to convince Emacs to fontify the argument of
\mathematics, whereas it already does that for $...$.

-Sanjoy

`Never underestimate the evil of which men of power are capable.'
         --Bertrand Russell, _War Crimes in Vietnam_, chapter 1.