[NTG-context] ConTeXt + MetaUML

Renaud AUBIN aubin at nibua-r.org
Tue May 2 16:55:45 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Some times ago, I have discovered MetaUML via the MetaPost ML. As  a
consequence, I have tried to use it with ConTeXt... Here is the result:

Considering a VERY simple example:

input metauml;

The compilation failed with:

>> clearboxes
! Isolated expression.
<to be read again>
<scantokens> ...nsidefigure := false ; clearboxes;

<to be read again>
l.125 endfig

Apparently, MetaUML is based on boxes.mp

(temp-mpgraph.mp (/usr/share/texmf-tetex/metapost/metauml/metauml.mp
HERE ====> (/usr/share/texmf-tetex/metapost/base/boxes.mp)

It have already tried to use boxes.mp in ConTeXt in the past, but
switched for metaobj because:
1. metaobj is more suitable to my needs
2. boxes.mp causes troubles when used with ConTeXT

I'll keep searching a solution but if one of yours has already dealt
with this kind of problems and succeeded in using boxes or, best, MetaUML...

(I have to precise that I don't want to include a ps or pdf file
generated by metapost only. I would embed the code in my document)