[NTG-context] ConTeXt + MetaUML

nico nicolas.marsgui at libertysurf.fr
Wed May 3 00:11:19 CEST 2006

On Tue, 02 May 2006 16:55:45 +0200, Renaud AUBIN <aubin at nibua-r.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Some times ago, I have discovered MetaUML via the MetaPost ML. As  a
> consequence, I have tried to use it with ConTeXt... Here is the result:
>
> Considering a VERY simple example: [...]
>
> Apparently, MetaUML is based on boxes.mp
>
> (temp-mpgraph.mp (/usr/share/texmf-tetex/metapost/metauml/metauml.mp
> HERE ====> (/usr/share/texmf-tetex/metapost/base/boxes.mp)
> (/usr/share/texmf-tetex/metapost/metauml/util_infrastructure.mp
> (/usr/share/texmf-tetex/metapost/metauml/util_log.mp))
>
> It have already tried to use boxes.mp in ConTeXt in the past, but
> switched for metaobj because:
> 1. metaobj is more suitable to my needs
> 2. boxes.mp causes troubles when used with ConTeXT
>
> I'll keep searching a solution but if one of yours has already dealt
> with this kind of problems and succeeded in using boxes or, best,
> MetaUML...

I remember I had such troubles when including boxes. It makes a mess when
included in a graphic. Inluding it via \startMPinclusions makes your
example work.

\starttext
\startMPinclusions
input metauml.mp;
\stopMPinclusions
\startuseMPgraphic{xx}
Class.A("A")()();
drawObject(A);
\stopuseMPgraphic

\placefigure[here][fig:xx]{xx}{\useMPgraphic{xx}}
\stoptext

Regards,
BG