[NTG-context] Cyrillic glyphs display problem with standalone ConTeXt distribution under win32

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon May 8 01:43:09 CEST 2006

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 5/7/06, Vladimir Smirnov wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Great thanks to Mojca Miklavec, that was definitely a font problem. Using
>> antykwa-torunska did solve it.

>>> Latin modern doesn't have cyrillic letters.
>>>
>> I took the code from wiki. It was for cm-super font package, included in
>> the distribution. Is there a problem with this package in
>> mswincontext.zip?..
>>

> I'm only guessing now, but it might be that cm[whatever] maps to
> lm[whatever] even at the places where cm-super fonts should be used,
> which means that the code used to work until Latin Modern replaced
> Computer Modern.
>
> Another (not really probable) possibility is that latin modern is
> preloaded and interferes with loading new encoding from "almost the
> same family".
>
> If I figure anything out, I'll report it, but Hans or others probably
> know better how to handle with this than I do.

\starttext

\usetypescript [serif,sans,mono,math] [computer-modern] [default,name,size,t2c]
\usetypescript [map] [computer-modern] [t2c]
\usemathcollection[default]
\setupbodyfont[modern]

\dorecurse{200}{\char\recurselevel\space \space}

\stoptext

this does not work here because i don't have the full cm super installed

(i can add a reasonable subset to the less and less minimal distribution)

(there are quite some cyr related definitions in the typescripts but what encoding makes most sense?)