[NTG-context] new release (Modified by Gerben Wierda)

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Thu May 11 14:21:32 CEST 2006

> btw, doesn't gwtex set the TEXMFCNF env variable?

It does not get a useful value.

TEXMFCNF is defined at compile-time and its setting in a texmf.cnf file is
ignored for obvious reasons. The compiled-in version shows my compile
environment which differs from the install environment on people's system.

Try
    kpsewhich -expand-var=\$TEXMFCNF
in a Terminal window.

I had to do this if I wanted to make my TeX install relocatable and I had
to make it relocatable to enable the option that people who do not have
sysadmin privileges can install the TeX i-Package in their home directory
and still work with it.

In short: everything in TeX is relocatable at run time except the location
of texmf.cnf.