[NTG-context] No header line on chapter page + potential columnset problem?

Ehrt, Michael m.ehrt at erco.com
Tue May 16 08:52:27 CEST 2006

Hi there,

I'm having problems with removing the header background from a chapter
start page.

I'm using

\setupbackgrounds[header][text][bottomframe=on]
\setupheadertexts[part][chapter]

for a header line and part/chapter texts, and

\setupheader[state=empty]

to remove the header texts on the first chapter page. But this doesn't
remove the header line. And if I'm using

\setupheader[state=high]

the line goes away, but
A) the position of the chapter title moves which I don't like and
B) the columnset I'm using runs into the footer on all subsequent pages
that do have the header. It seems as if the columnset uses the increased
textheight from the first page on all subsequent pages. This is also the
case if I use \startcolumns \stopcolumns. Without columns the text
doesn't run into the footer.
If anyone is interested to look into this, I've got a 25 line minimal
example.

I'm using Miktex 2.4.1461 on Windows XP SP2 and have updated the context
package this morning to ver: 2006.04.24 23:37  fmt: 2006.5.16, but since
I'm not a wizard in diagnostics it may still be a problem with my
installation.

But I would really prefer to be able to remove the header background on
the first chapter page anyhow. I don't like to use the state=high option
because I'd like the chapter title to stay where it is...

Cheers

Michael