[NTG-context] corrupted .map files or MikTeX messing around?

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Mon May 22 19:55:53 CEST 2006

On May 22, 2006, at 6:49 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Whose fault is it? MikTeX's pdfTeX using the wrong path & files or
> were the map files [unintentionally] changed in order to support XeTeX
> perhaps?
> Mojca

I have no idea if this is related, but I had similar problems a few
days ago when I was using TeXShop on OS X. I get error messages such
as this one:

fonts           : using map file: original-base

Warning: pdfetex (file /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/
text/original-base.map): invalid entry for `fmvr8x': font file missing

The point seems to be that ConTeXt  somehow runs in dvipdfm mode and
reads the wrong mapfiles. How do you call ConTeXt? When I run it on
the CLI or from within emacs/auctex with texmfstart texexec,
everything works again. I assume that an obsolete command is passed
to the command interpreter in your case as well.