[NTG-context] keeping output

gnwiii at gmail.com gnwiii at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 13:16:34 CEST 2006

On 6/14/06, Hans van der Meer <hansm at science.uva.nl> wrote:

> This question must have been asked before, but I cannot find it.
>
> Running texexec a number of messages flash by:
>
>   error in metapost run : syllabus-s-mpgraph.mp:397
>
> Alas, al the intermediate results disappear, especially the mpgraph files.
> And of the metapost logs also one only survives.

In such cases I find it helpful to run texexec in an emacs shell window.
Some unix/linux terminals can save a complete log of a session, e.g.,
"xterm -l".

> How does one preserve all these for debugging purposes?

Once you know where the problems occur you can make simpler documents
to debug one problem at a time (also helpful when you need to post an
example for others to examine).

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia