[NTG-context] reference formatting

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Thu Jun 22 23:13:12 CEST 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Hans van der Meer wrote:

> With \definereferenceformat[pin][left=(,right=)] it is possible to typeset
> references with
> 	\pin[ref] and get "(ref)"
>
> I have two questions in this respect:
>
> 1. is it possible to change the general setup in the same way,
> 	e.g. let \in[ref] do the same as \pin[ref] here.
> 	The left and right are not in setupreferencing.

Don't know about this.

> 2. some strange interchange takes place when using \pin{A}{B}[ref].
> 	Instead of the expected "A (ref) B" one gets "A (refB);
> 	it therefore seems the right parenthesis from the setup comes too
> late in play.

As I understand referencing, this is the expected behaviour. I think
that \in{..}{..}[...] was for things like

As seen in \in{Figure}{a}[fig]...

that is when you want to refer to a subfigure (or a subformula). That is
why there is no space between the number and the content in the second
{..}

This is what core-ref.tex says

%D \placefigure
%D   [here][three calls]
%D   {Three alternatives reference calls.}
%D   {\startcombination[1*3]
%D      {\framed{\type{ \in }}} {a}
%D      {\framed{\type{ \at }}} {b}
%D      {\framed{\type{\goto}}} {c}
%D    \stopcombination}
%D
%D \startbuffer
%D \in figure[fig:three calls]
%D \in{figure}[fig:three calls]
%D \in figure a[fig:three calls]
%D \in{figure}{a}[fig:three calls]
%D figure~\in[fig:three calls]
%D \stopbuffer
%D
%D \typebuffer
%D
%D This turns up as:
%D
%D \startlines
%D \getbuffer
%D \stoplines

I was not aware of that the braces around figure can be omitted!

Aditya