[NTG-context] Newbie questions

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 17:57:40 CEST 2006

On 6/24/06, Thomas Moore wrote:

> 2.  I would like the math environment to be as close to the LaTeX AMS
> environment as possible. I have figured out how to download the t-
> amsl module and can successfully invoke it as long as the t-amsl.tex
> file is in the same folder as my document files. But how do I install
> it permanently so that I can invoke it in all my documents? I was
> unable to find instructions in the ConTexT garden for this, and what
> I could find on the archives was not helpful (something about
> "running mktexlsr" and/or "texhash" that I have don't know how to do
> in OS X, and would be afraid to do without instructions anyway for
> fear of screwing up my TeX distribution).

You can put the file to any location where TeX can find it. For
example if the file context.tex is located under
you might put the file to
(but basically any location under "texmf" would do).

... and then run mktexlsr without any additinal arguments.

You cannot screw up your TeX distribution by running mktexlsr or
texhash: they're only meant to refresh the database (to know which
file is where). Either of the commands should be present on your
distribution I believe (most probably mktxlsr).