[NTG-context] extentable arrows

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Thu Jun 29 01:21:54 CEST 2006

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> \xrightarrow{big superscipt}
>> Any suggestions?
> Not completely identical, but similar.

The syntax can be made identical (even better) than that of amsmath.

\def\xleftarrow {\dosingleempty\doxleftarrow}

  A \xrightarrow[]{stuff on top} B

A \xrightarrow[stuff below]{} B

  A \xleftarrow[stuff below]{stuff on top} B

  A \xleftarrow B
  \rightarrow A \xrightarrow{stuff on top} B \leftarrow

  \rightarrow A \xleftarrow[stuff below] B \leftarrow

Will make copy paste a bit easier! Though these days I find myself
writing more in context and soon will face the reverse problem. I will
need to copy context math into latex (needed for final journal
submission) and some of the math features are simply missing from
latex :)