[NTG-context] sorting commalist?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Jul 28 23:13:18 CEST 2006

Hans van der Meer wrote:

> Is there a simple manner to sort the list externally and get it back
> for further processing? Otherwise, how are the indexes sorted?

Externally, using texexec functionality. Something like this
works well enough, I guess (but I normally sort my stuff by
piping it through the unix sort command):

% This sorts the list contained in it's argument
\def\sortalphacommacommand#1%
   {\definesorting[listsort][listsorts]%
    \processcommacommand[#1]\listsort
    \def\sortedcommalist{}%
    \def\makesortedlist##1%
        {\doglobal\appendtocommalist{##1}\sortedcommalist}%
    \setupsorting[listsort][criterium=all,command=\makesortedlist]%
    \placelistoflistsorts
    \let#1\sortedcommalist}

\def\citylist{Londen,Berlijn,New York,Parijs,Amstelveen}

\sortalphacommacommand\citylist

Cheers, taco