[NTG-context] using \doifnumberelse in a ToC numbercommand=

Stuart Jansen sjansen at gurulabs.com
Wed Aug 16 20:48:59 CEST 2006

I asked this question a couple of days ago, but didn't get any takers. I
don't want to be a pest, but it's frustrating to be so close yet unable
to solve this final problem. Let's see if rephrasing the question helps.

I'm trying to use \doifnumberelse in a \setuplist numbercommand= but it
isn't working.

The simplified example below shows the very specific table of contents
layout I'm trying to accomplish. You will note that both the chapter
number and the appendix letter are labeled with "Appendix" when in fact
I want the chapter to be labeled "Chapter".

Does anyone know either (a) how to get \doifnumberelse to work in this
situation or (b) if there's a better way I should have done this
instead.

-----

\def\mychapterlistnumber#1{\vbox{%
  \doifnumberelse{#1}{Chapter}{Appendix} #1\crlf}}
\def\mysectionlistnumber#1{\emspace\emspace}
\def\mysectionlisttext#1{%
  \doifelse{#1}{Lab Tasks}{\hskip-1em\bf#1\hfilll}{#1}}
\setuplist[chapter][width=1em,numberstyle=bold,%
  numbercommand=\mychapterlistnumber,textstyle=bold]
\setuplist[section][width=2em,numbercommand=\mysectionlistnumber,%
  textcommand=\mysectionlisttext]

\starttext
\bgroup{}Table of Contents\egroup\par
\startcolumns[n=2,distance=.3in,balance=no]
\bgroup
\placelist[chapter,section][criterium=all,alternative=b]
\egroup
\stopcolumns
\page
\chapter{Foo}