[NTG-context] using \doifnumberelse in a ToC numbercommand=

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 21:46:08 CEST 2006

On 8/16/06, Stuart Jansen wrote:
> I asked this question a couple of days ago, but didn't get any takers. I
> don't want to be a pest, but it's frustrating to be so close yet unable
> to solve this final problem. Let's see if rephrasing the question helps.
> I'm trying to use \doifnumberelse in a \setuplist numbercommand= but it
> isn't working.
> The simplified example below shows the very specific table of contents
> layout I'm trying to accomplish. You will note that both the chapter
> number and the appendix letter are labeled with "Appendix" when in fact
> I want the chapter to be labeled "Chapter".
> Does anyone know either (a) how to get \doifnumberelse to work in this
> situation or (b) if there's a better way I should have done this
> instead.

My guess is that \doifnunmberelse won't work since it's not only the
number hidden there, but also formatting, conversion, ... etc.

But I have no idea how to do it in some other way. You may take a look
at the following, but it has the side-effect that it will not only be
used in TOC, but also in text which is most probably not what you

 \doifelse{#1}{Lab Tasks}{\hskip-1em\bf#1\hfilll}{#1}}

\def\appendixconversion#1{Appendix #1}

\def\chapterconversion#1{Chapter #1}

\bgroup{}Table of Contents\egroup\par
\input knuth