[NTG-context] How to \processcommalist inside another commalist?

nico nicolas.marsgui at libertysurf.fr
Mon Aug 21 22:51:18 CEST 2006

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:35:27 +0200, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

>> %% Why using parameter for this?
>
> I was sure that someone would ask that. I want to provide optional
> parameters for both numbers and scaling:
>     \useGNUPLOTgraphic[name]
> or
>     \useGNUPLOTgraphic[name][width=.9\textwidth]
> or
>     \useGNUPLOTgraphic[name][n={1,3}]
> or
>     \useGNUPLOTgraphic[name][n={1,3},width=.9\textwidth]
>
> but after some thinking I realized that it would indeed be a better
> idea (less to type?) to have
>     \useGNUPLOTgraphic[name][1,3]
> and
>     \useGNUPLOTgraphic[name][1,3][width=.9\textwidth]
> instead.
>
> At the beginning the main reason against it was that I didn't know how
> to distinguish which kind of parameters are being used in the second
> pair of brackets, but I guess that I can safely use \ifnumberelse as a
> test on the first item to distinguish between the two.

Maybe you could play only with the parameter count. The limitation is that
an empty second argument is required when only options need to be passed.

\def\printPrime#1{#1 is prime.\crlf}

\def\useGNUPLOTgraphic
   {\dotripleempty\douseGNUPLOTgraphic}

\def\douseGNUPLOTgraphic[#1][#2][#3]%
   {\ifthirdargument
      \doprime{#2}
      parameters are #3
      \getparameters[gnuplot][#3]
    \else\ifsecondargument
      \doprime{#2}
    \fi\fi}

\def\doprime#1{\processcommalist[#1]\printPrime}

\starttext
\useGNUPLOTgraphic[name]
\useGNUPLOTgraphic[name][2,3,5]
\useGNUPLOTgraphic[name][3,5,7][width=2in]
\useGNUPLOTgraphic[name][][width=4in]
\stoptext

Regards,
BG