[NTG-context] Layout and textwidth/textmargin

wwl at musensturm.de wwl at musensturm.de
Sun Aug 27 21:10:12 CEST 2006

> Well, I start from the beginning with odd/even layout setting, and
> the
> following does not work. The behaviour I see is that only the odd
> setting
> is used. What is wrong in there?
>
> \definelayout[odd]
>    [width=middle,
>     backspace=7cm,
>     cutspace=5cm]
>
> \definelayout[even]
>    [backspace=8cm,
>     cutspace=2cm,
>     width=middle]
>
> \setuplayout
>
> %\showlayout
>
> \starttext
> \dorecurse{4}{
> \section{Hello}
> \input knuth \endgraf
> \subsection{Sub Hello}
> \input tufte \endgraf}
> \stoptext

Hallo!

This doesn't work here, too!

The wiki said it should work. So, maybe there ist something broken in
the meantime.

In 'page-lay.tex' I found something with

\setuplayout[odd][state=stop]
\setuplayout[even][state=stop]

so

a.) Not alone \definelayout but also \setuplayout should work with
odd|even.
b.) Because there is something to stop here, there may be some need
to start it?

Btw. \definelayout[1][] doesn't work too.

Wolfgang