[NTG-context] multiple bibliographies

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Sep 6 04:53:36 CEST 2006

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> Dear all (and esp. Taco),
> Maybe a bit of background, and please tell me if you think this is a
> stupid idea: every term, I have to prepare lists of references for my
> several classes, and there usually is a lot of repetition and
> overlap. So I'm dreaming of having one big bibtex database and
> producing the lists via assorted \nocite commands. But i usually
> split up these bibliographies into several sections, and I want all
> items numbered in sequence, so I have in my source:
>
> \section{One}
>
> \nocite[myfirst] \nocite[mysecond]
>
> \placepublications
>
> \section{Two}
>
> \nocite[mythird] \nocite[myfourth]
>
> \placepublications

I do not know anything about feasibility, but have a suggestion for
the input syntax. How about if there is

\definecitemethod[one]
\definecitemethod[two]

after which you can do

\cite[method=one][myfirst] or
\nocite[method=one][mysecond]

and also

\cite[method={one,two}][ref]

and so on.

And to obtain a list of bibliographies, do

\placepublications[method=one]

I am not sure whether this is same as how criteria works right now.

Do you think that a syntax like this makes sense?

Aditya