[NTG-context] Update context in Suse 9.3

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 11:25:14 CEST 2006

On 9/25/06, batela wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
> In my laptop  I have the Suse linux 9.3. This distro has tetex 3,
> but I intend to update conTeXt . I tried already  some ways, but
> without success: download an install (unpack and texexec --make --all)
> cont-tmf in the texmf directory,  using texlive.spm (but I found a
> rsync time out error). I need urgently to make the update, but I do not
> know as to make it. Suggestions are welcome.

For "I urgently need to use new ConTeXt" the easiest way to explain is
to download
unzip them and then use
   cd tex
   . setuptex
   texexec --make --all

and then compile your documents (from the same shell).

But what exactly goes wrong if you overwrite your old files in "texmf"
with the new ones from
http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/beta/cont-tmf.zip and then try to
run "texexec --make --all"? Missing environmental variables perhaps?

There are many "Installation" pages on the wiki, so if they don't suit
it's best to update them/add information about other possibilities and