[NTG-context] Update context in Suse 9.3

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 11:25:14 CEST 2006

On 9/25/06, batela wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> In my laptop  I have the Suse linux 9.3. This distro has tetex 3,
> but I intend to update conTeXt . I tried already  some ways, but
> without success: download an install (unpack and texexec --make --all)
> cont-tmf in the texmf directory,  using texlive.spm (but I found a
> rsync time out error). I need urgently to make the update, but I do not
> know as to make it. Suggestions are welcome.

For "I urgently need to use new ConTeXt" the easiest way to explain is
to download
    http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/install/justtex.zip
    http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/install/linuxtex.zip
unzip them and then use
   cd tex
   . setuptex
   texexec --make --all

and then compile your documents (from the same shell).

But what exactly goes wrong if you overwrite your old files in "texmf"
with the new ones from
http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/beta/cont-tmf.zip and then try to
run "texexec --make --all"? Missing environmental variables perhaps?

There are many "Installation" pages on the wiki, so if they don't suit
it's best to update them/add information about other possibilities and
systems.

Mojca