[NTG-context] \sometxt in staticMPfigure

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 26 14:02:33 CEST 2006

> > \starttext
> >
> > \startMPinclusions
> >   input boxes
> > \stopMPinclusions
> >
> > \startstaticMPfigure{fig}
> >   boxit.h(btex h etex);
> >   drawboxed(h);
> > \stopstaticMPfigure
> >
> > \usestaticMPfigure[fig]
> >
> > xyz
> >
> > \stoptext

> hm, i'll add the inclusions
> (here it fails anyway doe to some
>
> clearboxes->clearboxes
>                       .clearb_(h);

I'd seen those errors in one of my tests.  Oh, that's what it was: I'd
tried the input boxes line in the figure itself.  Had you tried the
same thing either by hand or with the inclusions or verbatimtex..etex
material going inside the figure?  Here's the test file:

\starttext
\startstaticMPfigure{fig}
  input boxes
  boxit.h(btex h etex);
  drawboxed(h);
\stopstaticMPfigure
\usestaticMPfigure[fig]
\stoptext

Regular metapost gives the same clearboxes error (not sure if it's a
MP bug or something tricky the boxes package did that doesn't work
inside a figure?).  Feed this file to mpost to test:

beginfig(1)
  input boxes
  boxit.h(btex h etex);
  drawboxed(h);