[NTG-context] 3D Artwork with ConTeXt

Renaud AUBIN aubin at nibua-r.org
Fri Sep 29 09:53:37 CEST 2006

Hi Hans,

Hans Hagen a écrit :

>>Ok, this is normal... I used \placefigure and \externalfigure for
>>convenience for the moment since I found natural to use them... How to
>>bypass RlxTools ?
>>

>hm, maybe we need a  feature to mark a  category as non-rlx-able
>
>for the moment use  \chardef\figurerlxmode\zerocount

ok

>it's comparable to movies and so, as long as some kind of dimensions are
>known ... i'll look into that later

Dimensions are not known explicitly from the 3D Artwork.
\useexternalfigure allows us to set height and width as desired.
Moreover, for  a given width, different height doesn't affect the aspect
of the 3D Artwork.

>>\defineiiidartworkprojection[name][type=perspective|orthographic ,
>>nf=automatic|explicit , near=number, far=number, fov=number.....]
>>

>try to use existing ones: auto instead of automatic

ok

>>I'll use ruby and a magic | (see [NTG-context] run a ruby script and
>>use the standard output ???) to calculate C2W and CO...
>>

>best is to make that pluggable, so that we can optimize such computations

What do you mean by "pluggable" ? Do you mean that we can turn this
"feature" on or off ? (for the moment, it's definitely off ;)  )

Renaud