[NTG-context] Two misfeatures in placefigure

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Oct 25 03:38:50 CEST 2006

  I found two misfeatures in placefigure.

1) with \placefigure[top] the figure can float to the top of the page,
even if the page starts a title or a chapter.

2) The paragraph after the figure is indented, even if it comes right
after a \section.

For example,

\chapter{This is a test}

   {Sample Figure}{}
\input knuth

Notice that the figure is on the top of the page and the first
paragraph of knuth is indented. I could not find any options to turn
these features off. I think that (2) is hard to detect, and \noindent
before the paragraph is a workaround, but I could not find any
work-around for (1) other than moving the \placefigure invocation to
somewhere later.