[NTG-context] Problems with "mathalign"

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Jan 3 20:18:12 CET 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wanted to keep Aditya busy now that he finished his wonderful new
> module ;), so ...
>

> I first wanted to ask how to number subformulas in a certain way, but
> that I figured out that numbering is already causing some problems on
> its own.
>

> Consider the following examples:
>
> \starttext
>
> This is almost OK, but has one formula number too much here:
>
> \startbuffer
> \placeformula
> \startformula
> \startalign[m=2,distance=3cm]
> 	  a & =b
> 	& A & =B \\
> 	  c & =d
> 	& C & =D \\
> \stopalign
> \stopformula
> \stopbuffer
> \typebuffer
> \getbuffer

Do not use the latex syntax.

> This results in a very weird formula numbering

Something is broken. AFAIK, this should not give you any number.

> \startbuffer
> \placeformula
> \startformula
> \startalign[m=2,distance=3cm]
> 	\NC a \NC =b
> 	\NC A \NC =B \NR
> 	\NC c \NC =d
> 	\NC C \NC =D \NR
> \stopalign
> \stopformula
> \stopbuffer
> \typebuffer
> \getbuffer
>
> Adding [+] helps, but than we have the same problem as at the beginning:

Adding [+] is necessary.

> \startbuffer
> \placeformula
> \startformula
> \startalign[m=2,distance=3cm]
> 	\NC a \NC =b
> 	\NC A \NC =B \NR[+]
> 	\NC c \NC =d
> 	\NC C \NC =D \NR[+]
> \stopalign
> \stopformula
> \stopbuffer
> \typebuffer
> \getbuffer

I can confirm that there is an extra number. I do not know what is
causing this. I am not aware of anything in core-mat has changed.

I compiled My Way on mathalign, and everything has an extra number.
hmm...

> Without placeforumla, but with [+] we don't get any numbering at all:

Yes you need the placefurmula.

> \startbuffer
> \startformula
> \startalign[m=2,distance=3cm]
> 	\NC a \NC =b
> 	\NC A \NC =B \NR[+]
> 	\NC c \NC =d
> 	\NC C \NC =D \NR[+]
> \stopalign
> \stopformula
> \stopbuffer
> \typebuffer
> \getbuffer
>
> \stoptext
>
> CtxTools | context version: 2006.12.27 11:34
> (After running "ctxtools --update" I just managed to break everything.)
>
> Any clue?

Something is broken.

Aditya