[NTG-context] staticMPfigure problem with \runMP[TEX]graphicsfalse

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 4 14:49:58 CET 2007

Taco writes:
> Hans always runs with all three switches true, so he never has any
> problems, but Mojca and I also regularly have issues like this. The
> last of those was the incorrect scaling of sometxt() in
> \runmpgraphicsfalse reported two or three weeks back.

Good to know that it isn't something I did when changing to texlive
from tetex.  Mine might be a similar problem to what you describe
about sometxt (although I used btex..etex), because in my example the
figure has the wrong width (very narrow).

> Hans, can you look at this, please? Or, if you don't want to support
> \runmpgraphics false any more, document that somewhere.

When the output depends on the settings, documents lose portability to
other ConTeXt installations. Most set shell_escape = f, the tetex and
texlive default, and most users won't have set \runMP[TEX]graphicstrue
in cont-sys.rme.

-Sanjoy

`Not all those who wander are lost.' (J.R.R. Tolkien)