[NTG-context] Header problem in project

David Arnold dwarnold45 at cox.net
Mon Jan 8 06:32:36 CET 2007

Hans et all,

We have a project call book.tex, a product in that called
chapter1.tex, and a component in that called section1exercises.tex.

We have blocks that we save and then place at the end of
section1exercises.tex with a macro defined in our environment file:

\def\placeanswers{%
   \bgroup
   \doifmodeelse{short}
   {
      \keepblocks[shortsubanswer,longsubanswer]
       \answers{Answers}\vskip 1em\startcolumnset[answers]
       \selectblocks[shortanswer][criterium=section]
       \stopcolumnset
   }
   {
   	  \def\headermarkleft{{\sc Chapter \headnumber[chapter]}}
   	  \def\headermarkright{{\sc{}Section \headnumber[section]}}
   	  \setupheadertexts[][\headermarkright][\headermarkleft][]
       \keepblocks[shortsubanswer,longsubanswer]
       \answers{Solutions}\vskip 1em
       \selectblocks[longanswer][criterium=section]
   }
   \egroup
}

The else part of the do above is an attempt to define a different
header when we compile with --mode=long, but just for the pages on
which we use \placeanswers. The other pages have a different header
defined in the environment file. Those headers have page numbers as
well with:

\def\headermarkleft{\bold{\pagenumber}\headerskip{\sc\headerskip
Chapter \headnumber[chapter]\headerskip\getmarking[chapter][current]}}

\def\headermarkright{{\sc{}Section \headnumber[section]\headerskip
\getmarking[section][current]}\headerskip\bold{\pagenumber}}

The file section1exercises ends like this:

%%% ENDTESTBANK
\stopquestions

\placeanswers\kern0pt

\stopcomponent

When we compile section1exercises.tex with texmfstart texexec --
mode=long section1exercises, all is well until the last page, where
the former header is used instead of the header defined in the
\placeanswers macro. But we want to finish out the document from the
point we put the \placeanswers with the second header.

Any suggestions?