[NTG-context] pdfetex 1.40.1 + ghosscript problem?

Michal Kvasnicka quasar at econ.muni.cz
Thu Jan 18 21:18:14 CET 2007

Good evening.

Excuse me this off-topic, I don't know where should I ask.

I've installed pdfetex 1.40.1 to be able to use hz-algorithm with
truetype fonts. Both my AdobeReader 7.x, and xpdf under SuSE Linux 10.1
view the output pdf file all right. But my gv viewer based on
ghostscript (version 8.15 (2006-04-19)) dies if I try to view the output
file with it. When I convert the pdf file to postscript using
AdobeReader, it doesn't die but view the document incorrectly (strange
letters appears where they are not supposed to be).

Can anybody tell me what's wrong, and if there is a ghostscript version
capable to view the output of pdftex 1.40.1? Without it it is useless
for me. :-(

Many thanks for your kind help.
Michal Kvasnicka