[NTG-context] ConTeXt textext fails

Hans van der Meer hansm at science.uva.nl
Wed Jan 24 22:54:56 CET 2007

I did the update to ConTeXt 2006-01-18 but almost regret that
decision as an old problem seems to surface again. Typesetting a file
that has not failed me with an august2006 version now crashes.

Relevant data from the processing log (using TeXShop):
systems         : begin file syllabus-s-mpgraph-temp at line 42
! Undefined control sequence.
l.53 \tts 66\%\CCC

So what is going on here?
File syllabus-s-mpgraph-temp shows at the offending site:

\tts 66\%\CCC:4:126%

And this code must have been come from a metapost source:

label.ulft(textext("\tts 66\%~"), (bs + 27 * u, baseline + 660 * bt +

Aha, I conclude, trouble with the %-sign!
But I think I have seen that error before, originating in one of the
Ruby-scripts if I remember well.
Having to do with the file parsing and failing on %'s or something
like that.
Hans Hagen had it  fixed then with a patch on a ruby script.
Why is this problem now cropping up again?

Can this be fixed? Thanks in advance for the trouble this causes.

Hans van der Meer