[NTG-context] Page number on 'chapter' pages

Confused Scientist confused.scientist at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 01:46:04 CET 2007

Hi all,
I'm using ConTeXt to layout my phd thesis and I need to follow some rather
strict rules.  One of these is that every page must be numbered.  I'm having
some trouble adding numbers to the page where the chapter starts and the
preceding page (where I place a famous quotation).  Below are the
definitions in my environment.

Any ideas on how to add page numbers to these pages?

Thanks,
Dave

%%% cut

\setuppagenumbering[
  alternative=doublesided,
  style={\sc},
  location={footer, marginedge},
  partnumber=no,
  way=bytext]

%%% Formal title, Chapter #: Title
\definetext[chapter][footer][pagenumber]

\setuphead
  [chapter]
  [command=\MyChapterText,
   style={\switchtobodyfont[UtopiaTitling, 16pt]\sc},
   placehead=yes,
   color=black,
   number=yes,
   continue=no,
   distance=0pt,
   page=,
   header=nomarking,
   footer=chapter,
   distance=0pt,
   before=\setups{chapter:before}]

\def\MyChapterText#1#2%
  {\vbox to 35mm
    \bgroup{\leftaligned{\vbox{\headtext{chapter} #1\blank#2}}}\vss\egroup}
\setupheadtext[chapter=Chapter]

\startsetups [chapter:before]
  \page[left]
  \noheaderandfooterlines