[NTG-context] Problems with fonts

Kumar Appaiah akumar at iitm.ac.in
Thu Feb 8 02:23:31 CET 2007

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 08:25:22PM +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> > It should work out ok if you change the map file line to either:
> >
> >    cmr12  LMRoman12-Regular   <lm-rep-cmrm.enc  <lmr12.pfb
> This didn't work.
> > or
> >
> >    cmr12     CMR12    <cmr12.pfb
> This worked. Now, things are quite all right, except that I am still
> unhappy with the rendering in Acrobat. But at least the things seem to
> be mostly solved with this one.

Thanks for all the help, but one final question before I give up!

IF I use pdflatex, this is the header of a PS file I get upon doing

%%Creator: dvips(k) 5.95b Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software
%%Title: myfile.dvi
%%Pages: 1
%%PageOrder: Ascend
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 595 842
%%DocumentFonts: CMR17 CMR12 CMBX12 CMR10 CMMI12 CMEX10 CMSY8 CMMI8 CMR8
%%+ MSBM10 CMR7 CMBX10

However, for ConTeXt, the output I get is:

%%Creator: dvips(k) 5.95b Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software
%%Title: test.dvi
%%Pages: 1
%%PageOrder: Ascend
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 595 842
%%DocumentFonts: LMRoman12-Regular CMR12 LMMathItalic9-Italic
%%+ LMMathItalic12-Italic LMMathSymbols10-Italic

Now, is there any way to force the fonts to map on to the old CMR
names? That is because I feel it is because of the CMR/lmodern issue
that pdflatex generated PDFs appear properly, while ConTeXt ones
don't. What should the map file look like?

Also, please find the Debian default map file here:

Thanks for bearing with me. I want to try my best before giving up,
failing which I will be forced to return to teTeX (with the old
ConTeXt) and miss out on some new ConTeXt niceties, such as
\startalign etc.

Kumar Appaiah,
462, Jamuna Hostel,
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,