[NTG-context] new user seeks help

David C. Walden dave at walden-family.com
Sat Feb 10 11:51:10 CET 2007

Hi,

I tried ConTeXt for the first time a couple of days ago and
successfully created a 4 page letter.  Yesterday I converted
a 60 page booklet from LaTeX to ConTeXt where is now successfully
compiles (but without lots of formatting that I will need to figure
out how to apply).  My problem has to do with using a font
other than the default (CM I guess).  Commands such as the following
have no apparent effect:
    \setupbodyfont[palatino]
    \setupbodyfont[lbr]
Do I need to select some interface to the fonts like I
do in LaTeX when I say
    \usepackage{lucidabr}
or do I need to do some something with TeXfont even though
these fonts are already available to MiKTeX for my use with
LaTeX?

I tried to follow the instructions at
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
for making sure MiKTeX knows about ConTeXt. [My MiKTeX came
with the ProTeXt distribution, has been updated to the latest
MiKTeX I believe, and MiKTeX's formats have been updated and
its file name database refreshed.]

I have a reasonably large pile of documentation I have printed
out from www.pragma-ade.com.  Pointers to what may be relevant
to this font problem will be appreciated.

Best regards, Dave
--

            * see http://www.walden-family.com/breakthrough *
home address: 12 Linden Rd., E. Sandwich, MA 02537; ph/fax=508-888-7655/4168