[NTG-context] \texteuro does not work

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon Feb 12 18:50:28 CET 2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Bernd Militzer wrote:

> Hi all,
> \starttext
> 5,00\,\texteuro
> \stoptext
> does not work any more. What have I to do?

Short answer: use texnansi encoding.

Long answer: see

A question to Hans: I do not know much about fonts, but from what I
understand ec is ugly and one should use texnansi. So why does ConTeXt
default to ec. I am sure that for most users like, fonts in TeX is a
mystry, and they do not really care which font encoding is used, as
long as it works. So, can we move to texnansi as the default? Or is
there something at which ec is really better?