[NTG-context] Natural table header mystery.

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 21 10:00:01 CET 2007

Hi John,

2007/2/20, John R. Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com>:

> The table runs ok with the headers omitted. There are 8 columns. But
> when I add these headers it gives me an error. Here are the headers:

> \bTABLEhead
> \bTR
> \bTD \eTD \bTD \eTD \bTD \eTD \bTD \eTD
> \bTD \eTD \bTD \eTD \bTD \eTD \bTD \eTD
> \eTR

what do you want with this empty row

\bTR %% ROW 1
> \bTD

delete this \bTD, there is the \eTD missing and it created a 9th column

\bTD[nc=2,nr=3]  BUY SIGNAL  \eTD
> \bTD [nc=2 nr=3]   SELL SIGNAL  \eTD
> \bTD [nr=3]   \eTD
> \bTD  [nr=3]\$100,000  \eTD
> \bTD  [nc=2,nr=3]FULLY INVESTED AT ALL TIMES (BUY \& HOLD)  \eTD

if you need a different height for your second row use the table parameters
\setupTABLE[r][2][height=xxx] or in the second row diretly
\bTR[height=xxx] \bTD ... \eTD \eTR

\eTR
> \eTABLEhead
> And here is the error message, relating to a nonexistent (in my
> code) } character.

> ! Argument of \parseTD has an extra }.
> <inserted text>
>                \par
> <to be read again>
>                   }
> \handleTBLcell ...\bTBLCELL \TBLcharalign {#2}{#4}
>                                                  \eTBLCELL \inTBLcell
> {#1}{...
> <inserted text> ...ow \begintblrow \makeTBL {2}{1}
>                                                  \nexttblcol \makeTBL
> {2}{2...
>
> \endTBL ...x {\trialtypesettingtrue \the \tbltoks
>                                                  }\settbldis
> \maximumcol {\...
>
> \eTABLE ...}}\eTBL }\removeunwantedspaces \endTBL
>                                                  \stopTBLprocessing
> \fi \eg...
> l.1197 \eTABLE
> I could reproduce the entire table but it is hundreds of lines.

you can use long examples with lots of dummy rows in the following way

\bTABLE
\dorecurse{100}{\bTR\bTD text \eTD\eTR}
\eTABLE

Wolfgang