[NTG-context] compiling complex file

andrea valle valle at di.unito.it
Wed Feb 21 22:21:15 CET 2007

(I'm sorry, Hans, Taco, I' ve already sent it, always with some posting
problems, so there are 2 posts to be approved by moderator: I tried to
remove them but the process failed).

Dear ConTeXter,

I'm having some troubles in compiling a document.

I'm writing a short book (a tutorial). I writing each chapter on a
separate file, then I have a main file using this kind of structure

\input stile
\input 00.introduzione
\page
\input 01.scGrado0
\page
\input 02.architettura

Where \input is used to insert each chapter.

Also, I'm using a sort of style file defining the setups, and I'm
inputting it as the first line of my "main.tex" file.

Some chapters contain long framed \type parts (it's a book on a
programming language), filling an entire page. When I compile each
chapter file, I have no problem.
But I can't compile the main file. ConTeXt keeps on adding blank pages
on blank pages (total is approx. 100 pages, I stopped ConTeXt at 635).
I guess it could depend on framed \type but can't understand how to
solve it.
Here one of the most "difficult" files. By itself it compiles properly
(perfectly...I like it).

http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/03.oggetti.tex

Here the compiled file (it uses a lot of images and other stuff so you
can't compile it):

http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/03.oggetti.pdf

Here the style file:

http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/stile.tex

Here the main file:
http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/main.tex

Many thanks as usual

-a-

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea

andrea.valle at unito.it